Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

A Little Culture

At the Miss May I concert on Saturday, 10-5-2024, at Wooly's, in Des Moines, IA, between the bands, the playlist included Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, which is their 17-minute long tune and, frankly, the only tune that anyone could possibly cite if asked, "Name a tune by the band Iron Butterfly." I was with Alex and when it started, I asked him if he had ever heard of it; he said no. When I told him that there was a 17 minute drum solo, he looked at me like I was crazy. Yes, okay, FINE, technically the actual drum solo is not 17 minutes long as there's singing and solos by the organ and guitar also in the 17 minutes. Calling it a 17 minute drum solo sounds more extreme. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida: the improbable story of a 17-minute one-hit-wonder - https://www.loudersound.com/features/in-a-gadda-da-vida-the-improbable-story-of-a-17-minute-one-hit-wonder
https://youtu.be/ UIVe-rZBcm4 - IRON BUTTERFLY - IN A GADDA DA VIDA - 1968 (ORIGINAL FULL VERSION) CD SOUND and 3D VIDEO

No comments: