Saturday, January 17, 2009

June 1st isn't that Far Away...

This post is pure speculation on my part as to what the next 6 months will bring me at my job. It is based upon this premise: yesterday when I left work, I had 760 hours of work on my desk <78 data-blogger-escaped-tasks="">. Spread out and divided by 40, I will be busy for the next 19 weeks. I am scheduled with documentation changes from now until June 1st. Any work I receive next week will not get touched until the week of June 1st or, perhaps, later.

Why later?

Keep in mind, I have two full time jobs. I write the doc and I create the UI for our Windows product that lays on top of a text-based screen. The above schedule - taking me to June 1 - does not account for UI. I know for a fact there are new screens coming and many changes to existing screens. Those will have to be done - somehow.

I will be curious to see where I am on June 1st. I am hoping to make better progress than what I have scheduled myself for because then I'll look like a miracle worker. I am hoping the projects that I have estimated to take 40 hours take 32 or 36 so I can get started on the next week's work on a Friday afternoon.

I am looking forward to the next 6 months. I think there will be a lot of smiles.

No comments: