Saturday, August 29, 2009

Survived

What a week.

On Monday, Alex had drum lessons.

On Tuesday, I went to the NL City Council meeting to ask the city to include a trail from our neighborhood to the trails network. I was on TV. When I got home, Bill and Debbie were over so we talked to them. I was nervous as hell.

On Wednesday, Megan had piano.

On Thursday, Alex and I went out selling World's Finest Chocolate, a fundraiser for school. We stopped @ Dave and Cindy's and talked to them for awhile. Dave is going to Red Lake in Canada, fishing. He hired Alex to mow his grass while he is gone. Got home ~9, quickly finished Alex's homework and called it a night.

Last night, we went to Fred and Julie's for adult beverages. I got a call from my manager b/c a client needed some CDs overnighted because the files on the FTP site didn't work. Turned out that instead of including an entire folder, only one file had been put on the FTP site. That was corrected and life went on. Megan spent the night at Fred and Julie's with their daughter Erin.

Today, Alex and I need to make at least a start on Dave's yard - I'm contemplating bringing my mower to his house and doing the front while Alex does the back (or vice-versa) but I also think he needs to put the time in mowing to earn the $ he is being paid. From 2-4 is the Todd Sucherman drum clinic and then 5:15 Mass. I am voting for pepperoni pizza for the boys and Chinese for the girls from Hy-Vee for supper.

Tomorrow, Alex and I need to mow our yard.

Upcoming events include camping next weekend in Elkader with my in-laws. The following weekend is the Iowa v. ISU football game. That night, September 12, is the Iowa v. ISU football game and I think I am going to go to the Picador to see Inept. It's an all ages show - would like to take Megan but I don't think it will happen.

The next few weeks are going to be busy @ work too. A big project has to be released by 9/18. I was able to trim my project Bucket List to 63 because I eliminated a bunch of projects that are not progressing through the life cycle. Some are awaiting funding from clients or are assigned to a programmer, but not a high priority. I feel better about my project list now. There's still 19 weeks of work, and there are 18 weeks of 2009. My hope is to - somehow - be caught up one day in 2009, even if it's 4:59 on 12/31/9. I want to have all my backlog of projects done. I know there will be one project that will not be done, so maybe I need to qualify that a bit. I want to have all non-long-term projects completed as soon as possible.

Hopefully, the things I want to continue, continue, and the things I want to stop, stop.

No comments: