Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back Home!

I felt icky all day today. I think I knocked over any previous record for caffeine when I drank 4 20 oz bottles of Mountain Dew and a 12 oz can of Pepsi. The odd thing is that I am not overly "awake" - I could go to bed now and sleep peacefully, I think.

We returned from Tyler's 1st Communion/birthday celebration in Cedar Falls. I do not think I will be in Cedar Falls for at least a couple of months. I did something to make it kind of memorable. I was loading up the truck when a woman approached me. She asked for a ride from the hotel we had spent the night at to another hotel 3 miles away. She and her friend are walking *walking* across America, from DE to CA. They have supplies shipped to them and what they found out is that the supplies had been sent to the wrong hotel. The wrong hotel was 3 miles away. So rather than walk 6 miles round-trip, I gave them a ride. The walk across the USA is going to take 7 months. SEVEN MONTHS!! It's wild to think of someone walking that far. I was curious, maybe nosy, and asked if they listened to music. Nope. No music. That would drive me nuts to not be able to put in Metallica or Five Finger Death Punch or Bayside(!!!!!!) or Count the Stars or anyone I like.I would want to find a 20 GB *portable* MP3 player and, frankly, I would probably find some band I wasn't familiar with at the same level of intimacy as the aforementioned bands - I'm thinking Grateful Dead, Phish, maybe even the Beatles - and learn to enjoy their catalog.

All that as it is, I do not foresee walking across America and taking 7 months out of my life.

I am happy to be home in North Liberty.

No comments: