Saturday, June 23, 2012

Well-Laid Case

I have some posts that are tagged "Republican Tendencies." I usually flip from MSNBC in frustration because I rarely agree with what I hear. I'll watch a clip where the Republican party, per MSNBC, has flip-flopped on some issues. Supposedly, they say "Yes, we support A" until the Democrats say "Yes, we support A." Then the Republicans, per MSNBC, respond by stating, "No, we do not support B."

I'm not convinced. I'm not drinking Kool-Aid, but I'm also not 100% trusting that there's not more to the story. What I would like to see is a Fox News channel story where they directly take all the statements in the clip that were made by Republicans and either say, "No, that's not the whole story" or "Yes, that is our past. We have changed positions. Do you not grow and learn daily? Why do we want to repeat what hasn't worked?" In other news:
  • Yesterday, I jammed with Joe, Matthew, and Brian Guitar in my basement FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!!
  • Tentatively, we are calling ourselves "Chicago Style" because we use the Chicago Manual of Style at work. We went through 26 songs ("Sweet Home Chicago" once before Brian Guitar arrived and once after he arrived). 
    • Editor's Note: as of 3/4/2013, the working title of our band is Scary Robots.
    • Editor's Note: as of 7/1/2013, the working title of our band is Lou's Classic Ride.
  • I bought a 20" Sabian cymbal at a West Music warehouse sale today. It was originally $209, marked down to $109, on sale for $77 so $84 with tax. Good purchase.
  • Also today, we went to a wedding. When I watched the bride walk down the aisle, I started to cry. I could be walking Megan, my daughter, down the aisle someday and that day is coming faster.
Life goes on...

No comments: