Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Conversion

The priority assigned to the conversion of CDs to MP3 has been lowered due to many other things going on in life. It's a priority, of course, but there are other more important things to be done.

As of today, here's where I am at:
     Total Files Listed:
           46054 File(s) 251,059,878,950 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  564,378,488,832 bytes free
The goal, each month, is to convert 1000 files. At this moment, right now, I do not really think I will be able to hit that goal unless I work on the conversion during the Iowa v. UNI game. I'm not really sure I will fire up the PC tonight to work on it.

I'm expecting a LP to MP3 converter to arrive before the end of October (sorry, that's just a broad stroke guess) and will then start that process.

Of course, I also have the cassette to MP3 conversion. I wrote a while back about plotting out every box so that I am done by the end of 2014. I have not completed the box I assigned myself for July / August so I'm behind on that project. Of course, there is no real hurry. It's just something to work on. However, having a goal and a timeline of getting things done is a good thing for me - otherwise, it never gets done!

I'll admit that I need to get away from the TV at night. I watched the season finale of "Breaking Bad" and some of WWE Raw and then, of course, "Two and 1/2 Men." Then it was 11:30 and I went to bed.

No comments: