Sunday, September 16, 2012

Songs we are playing in the Unnamed Band

Around four years ago, I wrote a post called "Ideal Band" and detailed what I thought would be an ideal setlist. But things have changed and I'm able to adapt. Joe, Matthew, Brian Guitar, and I have rehearsed since late June. We rehearsed today from 2-4.
  1. Knocking on Heaven's Door. This is the Dylan version, but I play the drums like the Guns-n-Roses version.
  2. Sunshine of Your Love
  3. Rocking in the Free World

And, next rehearsal, we plan to add Petty's "American Girl," U2's "Pride (In the Name of Love)", and Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Pride and Joy." These are not the only songs we have played around with, but the ones that have seemed to sift through the strainer. We are interested in writing originals as well.

Editor's Note: There were many ideas for a band name for this band, including "Hairy Eyeball" and "Scary Robots." We eventually settled on Lou's Classic Ride.

No comments: