Friday, February 26, 2016

31 Days

I am filing for unemployment today. I really REALLY wish I didn't have to do that but it is the 31st day of this job hunt and my last day of "official" employment with the company that laid me off. Frankly, it's unsettling to be in this position. What's even more frustrating is I've been trying to do all that I can to be hired.
  1. I've gone to daily mass 
  2. I've been networking. 
  3. I've been sending in resumes and cover letters for some positions I really want and others I couldn't give a crap about but, if they were to hire me, I'd be happy to work there. 
  4. I've worked with a Right Management career coach, Jeff, who has helped reinforce that I am doing all I need to be doing. His advice and feedback during several long phone conversations has become a highlight of my job search.
  5. I've worked with a Right Management resume coach, Ruth, who has helped me tighten the language in my resume. She sent back the final version and, honestly, it made me nearly puke when I pressed Ctrl+Spacebar in the Word document. The formatting is atrocious and uses manual formatting instead styles. Bullet points should not be formatted as Heading 4. There's no template so one of my tasks is to create a template, based upon the formatting that was done. Depending upon how today goes, I may write a separate blog post about it.

No comments: