Friday, April 20, 2018

New CoC & Newish Stryper

Corrosion of Conformity is a band I've always been aware of, but I've never dived deep into their material. I need to investigate their latest release, based upon this tune!


Back in August 2017, I jammed with Matthew (guitar) in 830 Studios (my basement). I came across the recording of that jam and heard the part of the jam when Matthew started playing Stryper's "Honestly" tune to which I responded, "Veto! The drummer gets one veto" after which we both laughed. I was aware that they had a recent album so I went looking and found this tune:


I was impressed by his vocals, but, frankly, I wanted to know if they could pull it off live so I found this video:


I like how their drummer has his kit rotated so that the bass drum isn’t facing the audience. I need to remember that kind of setup for when (not if) I join my Ideal Band! As of 4/20/2018 at 7:53 AM, I am still on the hunt for that Ideal Band.

No comments: