Wednesday, March 29, 2023

One Second from Every Episode-Roseanne

I know my favorite mother-in-law cannot stand Roseanne, but I never really minded her. Sure, she's a very abrasive character in the original series. However, there are enough "seconds" in the video embedded below that remind me of authentic and non-abrasive moments in the original series. For example, the original series confronted spousal abuse as well as raising children. While I don't think I would ask for parenting advice, I do think that there are moments when Roseanne was a really good TV mom. I also think that her character understood when to pour on the abrasiveness and when to be a good person. I also liked the original series because there were occasional episodes where both Roseanne and Dan (her TV husband) dealt with their own marriage as well as their relationship with their parents and Jackie (Roseanne's sister) throughout the series. When Jackie was hit by her husband, it was Dan who confronted the husband - his name escapes me - and ended up in jail. I thought that proved he was a fantastic brother-in-law. I realize that one second of every episode is only a brief sample of the original series and, I can say this, there are many other "seconds" in the various episodes I might have chosen. Yet, this is a great compilation video - I'd assign a solid B to it as a grade, which also means it is worth the time it takes to watch it.
https://youtu.be/ nU8Gp0ATHRo - One Second from Every Episode-Roseanne

No comments: