Friday, March 31, 2023

The Mandalorian 3rd Season Continues

This was initially a simple post, with only the video below embedded in it. This is a screenshot of Version 1.0 of this post: ------------------->

You can consider there to now be a Version 2.0 of this post.

Why? Why would I take a simple post and turn it into a post with a lot more words?

Blame math. 

I can hear your groan. Math helped me to figure out that this post represents the 130th post in the month of March, which is the sum of my posts in January (64) & February (66). I doubt that the sum of my posts on April 30, 2023, will be the sum of my posts in January (64), February (66), and March (130), which would be 260 as that would mean an average of 13 posts a day! For that calculation, I used the four full weeks of April to equal 20 days.

At this moment in time, I don't post to this blog on the weekend, which is something fairly recent. When I was trying to free up room on my cell phone at the beginning of March, I uninstalled the Blogger app from my cell phone. Side note, it was the Dropbox app that was taking up most of my storage room on my cell phone. I haven't reinstalled the Blogger app and don't plan to do so at this time. I'm open to doing so, especially when I might want to post while at a concert. 

I think my next concert may not be until Saturday, April 29 in Des Moines with Alex. While we don't have tickets yet, I want to go see Every Avenue / Makeout / Unwell at Lefty's with him. I had such a good time at their show at Gabes in Iowa City at the beginning of March. It would be the first time when I could say that the last two concerts I saw were of the same bands on the same tour in different cities.

I am a geek when it comes to Star Wars. I credit videos like the one below for training my eyes to watch the screen actively and to be looking for Easter eggs and references to other aspects of the franchise. Some of the ideas in the video below were ones that I actually saw during my initial viewing of the episode while other ideas were new. For example, in the New Republic bar, there's a character who is making his live action debut after being included in one of the animated series that I don't watch. I might have seen a picture of the character before but I didn't know his name - it's the alien in the video preview below, on the right side, and no, I didn't plan that. I just want to make the point that videos like the one below enhance my own Star Wars experience. I dabble in a lot of subject matter areas (SMAs) - pro wrestling, Metallica, drums, technical writing, politics - and rely on videos like the one below to enhance my knowledge. I don't consider myself to be a subject matter expert (SME) in any of those areas. 

I just realized I didn't mention the phone call on Monday night. I was home while Karen was at a hair appointment and our landline phone rang. On the other end was a woman in FL taking a poll about voters in Iowa. As we spoke, it became clear that she was basically calling on behalf of supporting Ron DeSantis, who may be a good candidate for president, but he hasn't declared he is running as of today. I secretly hope that Trump doesn't run because I believe the Dems / Libs are more scared of DeSantis than they are of Trump, but I digress. I want to report that I spoke to this woman for nearly 30 minutes. While I didn't agree with some of her statements, at the end of the conversation, she told me that I had done a really good job. Was she blowing smoke up my butt? Sure, that's certainly possible. For the record, I do like to speak politics - which is why I subscribe to The Daily Wire as well as why I have the "Get Your Political Opinions Here" pages on this blog. I have to be very conscious about who I am speaking politics with as I have seen politics divide families into two camps as well as friends divide into two camps. I love my family and I love my friends, I don't love politics more than my family and my friends, if that makes sense. 

Anyways, here is the video about the Mandalorian:


https://youtu.be/ dSWa75v9VQ4 - MANDALORIAN 3x05 BREAKDOWN! Every Star Wars Easter Egg You Missed



No comments: