Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pain

I am going through a time in my life where I am not in pain.

  • I love my job.
  • I'm doing good work at my job and not under as much stress as I was under from 10/18/10 - 4/14/11.
  • I'm playing drums a lot more often. Last weekend, I played drums at 5:15 PM Saturday Mass, 11 AM Sunday Mass, and then there was a 2 hour-ish Scary Robots rehearsal on Sunday. This upcoming weekend, Megan works Saturday night so I will probably play drums at 5:15 PM Saturday Mass and then at 11 AM Sunday Mass. I don't think Scary Robots is rehearsing.
    NOTE: WE ARE REHEARSING AFTER THE SAX RECITAL AT THE STUDIO!
  • I went to the Shine Down / Three Days Grace / POD concert for free and took photos of POD. That was the closest I've ever been to a band on a stage at an arena like the iWireless Center.
  • I'm sober.
  • I'm getting along better with my wife.
  • I'm getting along better with Megan.
  • I'm getting along better with Alex, though that's a work in progress.
I'm not bragging, I'm not boasting, but it feels like this time in my life is really precious. I have lived through shitty times where all of the above was the opposite - hating work, not doing good work, not playing drums, not getting into concerts for free, being drunk more often than I should, and arguing with my family.

I wouldn't return to any of those 'bad' times for anything.

I am hopeful that 2013 will be a good year. Without looking ahead too far, this year is really going to fly by with lots going on. Stay tuned to this blog as I try to document it all!

No comments: