Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My Plan for Lent

Just for the record, today, 2/28/20117, is the last day I'm going to use my cell phone until 4/17/2017 (Easter Monday). Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and so, for Lent, the phone is being shut off and put aside. Time I would have spent looking at political stories (even for this blog) or Metallica stories are going to be pushed out of my spare time. Some people give up chocolate - yeah, that's never worked for me - or caffeine - again, that's never worked for me - but I remember Karen saying last year that this year I should give up my cell phone. I've pondered the idea and think it's a great & fantastic idea.

Thus, I'm in.

Plus, when I think about how much my cell phone will 'light up' on that Monday and the number of text messages & emails that will appear, plus the notifications for my apps, such as youtube.com, Crooks & Liars, and Bleacher Report, it kind of makes me excited. I'm still giving up my cell phone as a gesture of what Christ went through during his 40 days in the dessert - I'm not being selfish - but that's just the way my mind works.

No comments: