Thursday, April 12, 2018

Put the Flame on the Moth!

I cannot fathom any feasible scenario in which I see Metallica, live, in 2018... especially if I were to need to spend $314 for a concert ticket: 


Even if it's Metallica, I couldn't do it! Consider this: my ticket to see Metallica last year - June 2017 - which I have Scotch taped to a shelf in my cubicle at work so I see it every day - has a face value of $139.50! That was a lot for one ticket, but since Alex went with me, it was close to $300 for two tickets! In Madison, a single ticket for the floor is about the same! Whereas $139 for two tickets for the Newton, IA, concert put us on the track at the Newton Speedway, spending $133 in Madison, WI, would get one person into the second bowl!


And that really sucks because I love Metallica and, unfortunately, Madison, WI, is the 'best' possibility to see Metallica in 2018, given what is shown below:


Looking at the other Midwest dates, I can quickly rule out driving to Lincoln, NE, on a Thursday. I also ruled out Grand Forks, ND, despite taking place on a Saturday. While a better day of the week than a Thursday, it would also take an 8 hour, 57 minute, journey in the car to get there:


To sum all of this post up in a single statement is difficult but I'll try. Given Metallica's touring schedule in 2018, I am beyond happy that I paid the $ to see them in Newton, IA, last June.




No comments: