Thursday, August 6, 2020

From LU's Personal Camcorder

If you pay attention, you know that Metallica's And Justice for All album is one of my favorites and that it was on the tour in support of that album when I saw Metallica for the first time. You also probably remember that I have confessed that I don't remember that concert. I remember the lights going down for The Cult, who were opening the show, and that the spotlight then went to Matt Sorum who started playing this amazing tom pattern to introduce the first tune. I don't remember anything else. No, I was not drunk. I also remember that after the concert, a guy who used to live across the street from me, Steve D, asked me to give one of his friends a ride home. His friend turned out to be Scott Golden, who I cite as being the first singer in my first band, which was started in the summer of 1989 in 3904 Studios with James on guitar, Ken on guitar, and John on bass. We called ourselves "Assume" and it was an exciting time in my life. To read more about Assume, click the Assume label. But back to Metallica. I truly wish I could remember more about that concert on that June night in 1989. It makes me seriously wish that I had kept track of all the concerts I attended in a single notebook with my initial impression of what I had seen the night before. Oh well... Anyways, enjoy this video.



No comments: