Thursday, August 12, 2021

Tempting

So VERY tempting to jump into the "Linux in the Real World" course for $99, when it is normally $499!

The question I ask myself is, "Would I use the information I learn in the class at work?

The answer is no, I would not.

It might make a decent conversation snippet if I were talking to someone in our Technical Operations department, but using the skills I learn on a daily basis? No.


From: Jason Cannon <support@linuxtrainingacademy.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 6:11 AM
Subject: [External] I heard you.

tl;dr - Get the Linux in the Real World Course at an 80% discount! So, what's the catch? No instructor access. Check out the details here.

---

Earlier this week I sent out a quick survey asking some people why they didn't enroll in my Linux in the Real World course. The responses were overwhelming…

It was just too expensive!

Most people thought that it was a great course, but they just couldn't justify the cost. I totally get it. It's definitely an investment.

That got me to thinking… "How can I still provide the training that will give you the skills you need for a Linux career while making it more affordable?"

What I came up with is a self-paced version of the Linux in the Real World course.

It contains all the same lessons and labs, but there are two big differences. The first difference is that I eliminated the bottleneck…. me!

Many students love having direct access to me, so they can ask specific questions about the course and their career. I love helping them, but it's really time-consuming. That's why I've always limited enrollment to Linux in the Real World.

If I remove the time constraints from the equation, problem solved!

That brings up the second difference. You see, I took the most common questions, issues, and challenges and created videos for them inside the course. Instead of answering the same question for each individual student, I just answer it once for everybody!

One example is the database troubleshooting video I created. I show you errors and problems you might encounter when working with databases, and more importantly I walk you through, step-by-step, on how to address and correct each and every one of those issues.

So, what do you get when you enroll in the self-paced version of the Linux in the Real World course?

1) Immediate access to a membership site loaded with 175+ lessons of highly detailed Linux content.

2) The entire "Linux in the Real World" course.

3) A copy of "Linux for Beginners" in PDF and audiobook formats.

3) Access to the "Learn Linux in 5 Days" course.

4) The complete "Learn Linux Administration" course.

5) How to use my "Whitepaper Technique" to help you get a new job, a promotion, or even a raise. (This not only works in IT... you can actually use this to ask for and GET a raise even if you're currently working in an entirely different industry!)

I'm only going to offer the self-paced version of this course until Friday, August 20. This is a test to see if the cost of the course was the real reason people didn't enroll.

If that turns out to be the case, then I'll offer two versions of the course going forward -- the lower cost self-paced version and the higher cost instructor-lead version.

If that's not the case, then you'll never get the chance to enroll in the self-paced version again after Friday, August 20.

If you're "in,"
enroll now. If not, no sweat.

All the best,

Jason


here 2

No comments: