Friday, January 27, 2023

Still Drool when I see Drums Like This

Lou and Jean are coming to our house today and will stay until Tuesday. Karen asked me about the basement and I fibbed when I told her "it's clean."

It's not.

After the Bad Rumor gig on 1-19-2023, I carried all of my drums to the basement and, because I had it in my head that I wanted to reorganize the furnace room prior to putting those drums into the furnace room, I left the drums in the "living room" area of the basement.

Meaning, no, it's not clean.

Earlier this week, I did reorganize the furnace room. I took the two shelves that were parallel with the door and combined them into a single taller shelf. However, because those two smaller shelves allowed two stacks of "stuff" to reach the room's ceiling, I basically decreased my storage space by doing so by half. That led to creating a stack of Rubbermaids on the floor. The net result is that where I had thought I would put the drums from the Bad Rumor gig is now occupied with a stack of Rubbermaids, meaning I need a Plan B.

Plan B is likely to be putting those drums in the den, which has enough room for the drums. In fact, I have enough room in the den to actually lay out the carpet I use under my drums and to actually set them up.

I did that by moving the white file cabinet and brown bookcase that used to be on the wall to the right as you walked into the den to the corner, freeing up a nice space in the room.

However, at this moment, I haven't moved the drums into that space, meaning, no, the basement is not clean.

Guess what I plan to do when Karen goes to get a haircut today, I write as I am grinning.

All of the words about my existing drums in my existing basement leads me to the following drums for sale in Indy. I really want to have more drums, especially a Ludwig Vistalite set like the one in the ad. Prior to Alex and Hannah's wedding, I drooled over a similar set that was for sale in Iowa City, so much closer than Indy, but because of the wedding and the price being offered (I think it was ~$1200), I didn't pull the trigger. Now, there's a similar set with similar sizes for sale in Indy that would cost $600 more, plus there would be the $ involved in either driving to Indy or paying to have the drums shipped to my house, if that would even be an option.

If I were to drive to Indy to pick up that Ludwig set, I could stop in Chicago and pick up this snare drum as well as I would be driving through Chicago to get to Indy. I mean, that would make sense.

No comments: