Saturday, April 1, 2023

Now that the 2022-2023 Season is Over

On 3-31-2022, the big news surrounding the Iowa Hawkeyes mens basketball team was that Keegan Murray was leaving the team to go to the NBA, JT was leaving the team to enter the transfer portal, and Josh Ogundule was entering the transfer portal. It was unknown whether Fran would be successful in attracting a 5 (we used to call the position a "center") from the transfer portal to the team. It was also unknown how these 3 departures, as well as the departure of Jordan Bohannon, would impact the team.

Today is 4-1-2023. I am guessing that the NCAA Tournament is nearing completion and, sadly, that even if my Hawks made the NCAA Tournament, they have been eliminated. Thus, I would have liked to revisit this article from a year ago, but I cannot because I do not subscribe, nor will I ever subscribe, to the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Here's the post from 4-1-2022, https://prhmusic.blogspot.com/2022/03/fran-talks-2022-2023-season.html, which is a link to https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2022/03/30/iowa-basketball-retool-transfer-portal-key-returning-players-kris-murray-fran-mccaffery-recruiting/7201540001, which leads to a "You Can't Read This" page. 

So, I guess, I'll speculate on the 2022-2023 season and state:

  1. Iowa will be surprised by the level of success they achieve.
    However...
  2. Iowa will not win the Big Ten Championship. 
  3. Iowa will not win the NCAA Championship.

That's about all I can say.

No comments: