Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday Night

We drove up to Zhwingle, Iowa, on Saturday morning to get our camper. It was an uneventful drive. After the camper was hooked up, Karen drove through Dubuque to get to Balltown.


After lunch, I mowed my in-law's yard with the riding mower. It was the first time I'd ever driven a riding lawn mower and it was okay. The bouncy ride made my Pepsi flat but other than that, I did okay. I didn't remember how to put the damn thing into reverse so I was always looking forward. After the majority of the yard was done, I used a push mower - a non-self-propelling - to finish. That was more work than I thought it should be.

After that was done, I took a nap on their couch. Then, we ate supper - meat loaf, baked potato, corn, and French Silk pie for dessert - and played Euchre. Louie and I beat the women 3-0. Then we all went to bed.

That's what I wanted to write about.

I slept like a log. It was 10:30 when I got into bed and I slept so soundly. I woke up once, at 5 AM, and then, after that, I didn't wake up until 8:30-ish. It was wonderful.

Today, we went to 10 AM Mass in Balltown, followed by breakfast - French Toast & Holy Cross sausage - and then played Euchre. The men lost.

Then I drove the camper home. After we got home, I decided to mow. Alex thinks mowing the yard is fun (?!?!) so he ended up doing 85% of it. I think he will be doing all of it in the near future.

Tonight was a huge TV night. The season finale of "Deparate Housewives", the season finale of "Survivor", the WWE PPV "Judgment Day", a new "Breaking Bad", and to top it all off, the episode from MASH called "Adam's Ribs" (one of my favorites!). I taped DH, I caught some of Survivor, the results of the PPV are here

The week ahead is crazy busy (after work)

Monday - Alex has a game

Tuesday - Megan has a tour @ her new junior high. I am leaving work @ noon, racing to Regina by 12:30, racing her to the jr high by 1, then working @ home until 2:30, when I'll pick her up again and bring her home.

Wednesday - Alex has a game

Thursday - Nothing. I think the plan is to get the kids' floor cleaned up and/or the basement put back together.

Friday - Up in the air. We have talked about loading the camper and going to Riverside with Mark & Susie for Karen's (free) meal @ the buffet for her birthday. Susie's birthday is also in May so her meal would be free as well.

Saturday - Up in the air. We have talked about going to the CR Kernels game @ 4 for a concert called "The Music of the Eagles," followed by a 6:35 game, followed by fireworks. We may also be playing @ 5:15 Mass for the next to last time until the new church is built. I need to bring my drums home.

Sunday - Up in the air. We have talked about hosting a barbeque, but it is also the weekend of the Blues-n-Barbeque event in the North Liberty park, which I think would be fun to go to.

Monday - Nothing. Probably take a long nap from 12:30-3.

At work, it is going to be an insane 9 days. I have 5 days (5/18-5/22) to get as many and as much documentation for the next update completed. It means trying to 'will' my way through more work than can be reasonably completed in a 40 hour week. After Friday (and Memorial Day), I will begin developing UI changes for at least 39 changes to our software and that number is likely to go up. I need to be done with all of these changes by 4 on Wednesday so I can give the paperwork to my co-worker so she can test them on Thursday and return any changes she has on Friday so I can make those changes and wrap up the entire process.

My goal is to be done with all of that work by Friday, 5 PM. If I am, I plan to take a full two weeks of vacation, starting 6/1 and not returning to work until 6/15. What a glorious break that would be! If I am not done with my work by Friday, I will work a 1/2 day on Monday 6/1 and a full day on Tuesday 6/2. I *really* want to be done with my work on Friday so I can give myself a full two weeks off. That is my goal.

So that's what I have to look forward to this week.



No comments: