Thursday, July 9, 2009

17 Again

Megan's volleyball camp @ Coe ended today at 3:30. I left work to pick her up. I brought her back to work. She sat quietly and read until it was 5:10 and I needed to leave.

We went to Ketelsen's RV and I returned a $7 lock I didn't need. We looked at $40,000 campers I'll never own.

Then on the way to supper, I told her about the Hardee's we passed. It was at that Hardee's in 1987 that the girl I was dating and I stopped to get lunch. We then went to a nearby park where she broke up with me.

We arrived at Burger King for supper.

We then went to the used bookstore and, despite *really* wanting to do so, I didn't buy a CD, record, or book - they had the LP of Xanadu for $1.

We then moved on to see the Zac Efron movie "17 Again." I cried. Yep. I sympathized with the Efron character. I felt a connection between what he said and did and I, frankly, think his monologue about sex and abstaining until you are married is something every one should hear. Efron's daughter - as strange as that sounds - is dumped by her dick of a boyfriend because she won't "show me how much you love me."

Our car ride home was quite animated. I told Megan to never never never never never never never never fall for that line. I hope she got past me saying the word "never" that many times to internalize what I was trying to tell her.

I was happy that the Conservative values of abstinence had found their way into a movie from Hollywood.

When I am off work at 5, I am driving home, picking up Megan, and leaving for Elkader. Karen and Alex are already there. We pack up the camper on Sunday and are leaving it there until our 8/7 journey to Cresco for the college campout.

No comments: