Friday, July 17, 2009

Busy

This is the start of a very busy stretch.
Tonight is the Since October / Framing Hanley (?) /Trapt show in Cedar Rapids. I am interviewing Since October's drummer at 6.
Tomorrow is a family reunion party in East Dubuque, IL. We are driving up and back the same day. It's at least a 2 hour drive. I anticipate we will be home by 9 tomorrow night.
Sunday, we are going to 11 AM Mass. After that, there is a picnic / going away party we were invited to so we are going to that.
Monday, back to work. Alex has drum lessons.
Tuesday, I'm going with my friend Chris to see a band called Gomez in Des Moines.
Wednesday, Megan has piano lessons.
Thursday looks clear.
Friday looks clear.
Saturday, either we have something going or it is clear.

The weekend after next is a wedding in Des Moines.

The weekend after that is our college campout in Cresco.

The weekend after that is Megan's birthday. She found out she has registration / paying fees the morning of her birthday.

The following Thursday, school starts. It's also the Algona RockFest. (I'm not going.)

You get the point. This is a crazy time in life. It's fun and it's hip, but it's not going to slow down anytime soon.

Work is just as chaotic. We are going to have two releases back-to-back, possibly sending both sets of CDs at the same time. My doc project list has been slowly whittled away. One of our systems was rewritten to .NET and I'm starting to dig into that. I told my manager it would take a week to write the doc fof it. I'd like to be done by next Wednesday. No one knows when the cut will be so every thing is on a sliding scale. I need two weeks to do all the work for the UI changes and to assemble the CDs.

Anyways, I am excited about seeing Trapt and interviewing the drummer of Since October. It is in CR so I have to drive home so I'm just having Pepsi. Nothing too wild or crazy.

No comments: