Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Moooowwwinng

Last night, I took the kids to their eye doctor appointment. Karen hasn't felt good for almost a week and had cancelled her part of the eye doctor excursion. My eyes changed only slightly but because insurance helps pay for new glasses - it may even be 100% - I ordered new ones. I refused to allow them to drop numbing drops in my eyes - the mere writing of the phrase "drops in my eyes" makes my eyes water.

There was a Culver's that was built, literally, next door to the eye doctor. Karen had said to stop and get the kids something to eat afterwards so we went to Culver's. I really, truly, enjoyed spending time with the kids. We laughed a lot and it was authentically a good time. The kids bartered for where Megan is going to sleep when Lou and Jean come down. My drums are set up in the basement for Scary Robots rehearsal on Friday so they are directly in front of where the pull-out couch is. Alex has his man cave, essentially, in the basement with his video games and doesn't mind sleeping on an air mattress so I told them to make a deal. The deal was that Alex would empty the dishwasher, by himself, 6 times. It was fun to listen to them negotiate.

Alex is fighting a cold so he did not go to his basketball workout at Iowa City West from 7 - 830.

When we got home, I remembered seeing a forecast like this and realized it was in my best interest to mow. I mowed the front, Megan and Alex did rock paper scissors so Megan mowed the back. I really enjoy mowing. I know it sounds strange but, normally, I put my MP3 player on and listen to good music like Count the Stars or Bayside or Adelitas Way and it makes time go very quickly.
After I finished mowing, I retreated to the bedroom to watch WWE Raw. I turned it off prior to the advertised main event of CM Punk v. Alberto Del Rio, but read about the results here.

Alex has a game tonight (Tuesday) and Wednesday and a double-header on Saturday at 10 and noon. I hope the weather cooperates. It looks like the games on Saturday are in jeopardy already if the rainy weather is in the AM.

Editor's Note: as of 7/1/2013, the working title of our band is Lou's Classic Ride.

No comments: