Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rough

Yesterday was a rough day. What was my issue? I really don't know. I was really tired. My co-worker Peter said that was because I am getting old to which I stated that I preferred that to the alternative! I tried to rationalize how I felt. I didn't really go to bed later than normal on Tuesday (11:30). I've done that before but wow, something was wrong.

After picking Karen up from work and getting home, Karen was going to go get groceries for the weekend. I laid down, set my alarm, and slept soundly for a solid hour and a half. It was the kind of deep slumber I wished would go on for several more hours.

When I got up, we had supper and got some miscellaneous tasks done. There were reruns of Duck Dynasty so Alex, Karen, and I watched that. Of course, once I discovered "The Shawshank Redemption" was also on, I had to toggle between the two. After Karen went to bed, I nearly fell asleep on the couch. The finale of the Real World - Portland season was on and it was a struggle to stay awake. Then the reunion show came on and Anastasia confessed she had a crush on Jordan. I am glad I recorded it as I cashed in and did not see all of that show. I went to bed at 11:30 (again).

This morning, I woke up at 5:30. I got to work at 6:30 and feel much *much* more alert today. Something was making my day rough yesterday and I certainly hope today is smoother.

A decision needs to be made about Megan and going on the Iowa Ambassadors of Music trip to Europe next summer. A deposit of $600 is due on 6/15/13 so the time for a decision is upon us. I do not know the decision that will be made, but it needs to be made soon. Very soon.

Other than that, Alex has been working on arranging his pictures and videos and MP3s. Last night, he asked how to delete multiple files and I showed him how to hold the Ctrl key and select multiple files, and then press Delete. I made his night. For what it's worth, my count today is 58320 File.

Tuesday night, I had planned to do some work in the den on the MP3 conversion when I came upstairs. The movie Spaceballs was on TV. Karen, Alex, and I watched it. Karen was not impressed with the humor. I dared her to post on Facebook: "Watching the dumbest movie ever - Spaceballs." but she wouldn't.



No comments: