Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Martha

A wonderful woman that I knew all of my life passed away. Martha, or Marty as everyone called her, died yesterday. She leaves behind her husband George and two daughters, Mary Beth and Julie. When my parents went to the hospital for the birth of my brother Mark, Mom and Dad first took me over to Marty and George's house. Marty and George were the hosts from the Hanson side of the family at our wedding reception. I remember their house on Edgewood Road had a huge weeping willow tree in the backyard. I remember many times going to their house after Mass on a Sunday morning. I remember their basement was really cool with a piano - it may have been a player piano. I also remember they had an old phone with the crank on the side mounted on the wall.

I knew Marty was in poor health and it had been many years since I saw her.

No comments: