Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Slipping

This week has been slipping away from me. Not only does the CD to MP3 conversion get no love Monday or Tuesday night, it is unlikely it will get love tonight. Today, the count is 64356 File(s) 534,568,250,156 bytes and I am pretty sure it will be that again tomorrow morning. What has happened this week?
  • Monday
    • Megan had a doctor appointment at 4:30. After the appointment, we went to KFC for supper, then dropped both kids off at West High for a West High v. Bettendorf playoff game. Karen and I went home and shortly before WWE Raw went off the air, I fell asleep.
  • Tuesday
    • Karen and I had a meeting about NCYC at STM at 4:15. The meeting lasted until 6:30 PM and by that time, I was famished. Karen and I went to Wendy's. After eating, we went to Fareway and got pop to take over to Dave & Cindy Downes' house. Why? See Wednesday.
  • Wednesday
    • Art, Cindy Downes' father, passed away and the wake is today. We brought over the pop because that's become our 'thing' to help out during the wake / funeral cycle.
    • Originally, I had penciled in a Lou's Classic Ride rehearsal with Joe / Brian (Matthew is out of town until Saturday). Yes, we are still a band. It's kind of funny how life has taken over our desire to rehearse. 
      • We have added a few songs to the list of ones we want to do: 
        • Van Halen's "Dance the Night Away" 
        • Rolling Stones' "It's Only Rock and Roll"
        • Led Zeppelin's "Ramble On"
  • Thursday
    • I have a doctor's appointment at 5.
    • Alex has an open gym at West from 6:30 - 8.
  • Friday
    • Not 100% sure. The Iowa men's basketball team plays at Carver-Hawkeye Arena at 8:30, but I'm not itching to go.
    • Megan works 6-10.
  • Saturday
    • We have yet another NCYC meeting at STM at 9 AM.
    • Household chores
      • Clean up the garage
      • Assemble the crib for Christmas (weather permitting)
    • Megan works 12-4.
    • 5:15 Mass
  • Sunday
    • Alex has a confirmation meeting from 4:00 - 5:30 (I think).
Next week looks just as busy. I love it, though. I love the fact that life is busy.

I especially love the fact that each day I come to work, I love my job. I just had a short conversation with my manager about some suggested changes and it went really well. Life is good.

No comments: