Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bah

The thing I like most about my life is how a plan usually comes together in an unexpected way. Consider that I thought, for sure, I would have zero time tonight to write. Yet, here I am, at the kitchen table with about 10 minutes to spare. The dishwasher is swirling away tonight's supper, the dryer is assigned to a child for later, and, in the meantime, Alex and Megan are upstairs slaving away on homework. Karen? She's getting her nails done because, you know, there are things in life called "priorities." Case in point is that my priority is to make sure my 2 GB MP3 player has enough Bayside, Count the Stars, Mothermania, Metallica, Adelitas Way, and other miscellaneous goodies in my ears during a long bus ride.

The other major thing going on is that I didn't make any progress on the resurrection of the 1 TB external hard drive except to spend 1.5 hours with my neighbor John last night - we were unsuccessful. As a last ditch effort, I have placed the drive in a Ziploc bag and put it in the freezer. I have read / heard that freezing the hard drive may help it. I will try it out Sunday or Monday, depending upon how tired I am from the weekend.

Time to rock. No, not LCR. I'm taking Alex to basketball practice / tryout.

No comments: