Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Schedule for Our Trip to Chicago

SO MANY TOUGH CHOICES will need to be made at Chicago Open Air as far as which bands to see. Here's a breakdown of the schedule:


Friday's schedule is pretty good. I know Alex wanted to see some of Suicide Silence and Whitechapel and Falling in Reverse so tough decisions have to be made. Later on, I have seen and heard great things about The Dillinger Escape Plan so choosing between that set and Rob Zombie is a tough choice.


I would like to see Dragonforce and Mushroomhead and it looks like that will be possible. Seeing Body Count would be cool just for the sheer legendary status the band has, but that makes it a requirement to get from the main stage in 5 minutes. Unless we stood way far in the back, I will choose Seether as a higher priority over Body Count. Plus, I want a good place to see Godsmack. I also know Alex really wants to see Korn.


This is going to be an interesting day. I'd like to see Lamb of God, but I'd also really like to check out Behemoth's drummer, who is insanely fast. The choice between seeing Ozzy Osbourne or Slayer is like the worst decision a heavy metal fan can make. Yes, Slayer ends at 8:20 and Ozzy starts at 8:25. I don't think it's feasible to expect to get from the second stage area to the main stage area in 5 minutes. Personally, I think Stone Sour and Slayer should be swapped as seeing Amon Amarth, Lamb of God, Slayer, and Ozzy - all in a row - would blow my mind!

No comments: