Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Something terrible happened. Ugh...

One of the good things that has come to light in the last few months is discovering NAOMI, a musician that creates videos for her tunes. I received this email yesterday at 2:29 PM:

From: NAOMI [mailto:info=naomi.band@mail15.suw13.rsgsv.net] On Behalf Of NAOMI
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 2:29 PM
Subject: Something terrible happened. Ugh...

Something terrible happened:(

Hiho, friends!
Naomi here.

A lot of you maybe already know this - but a lot of you don't. About two months ago a hacker took over my Facebook band page and wiped out EVERYTHING. I had just released my new music video ""Cake" and was getting really good results with it...but then the hacker took it down. He then, one by one, deleted my followers, all of my content, and replaced it all with softcore nude photos. I went through the whole rigmarole with Facebook trying to regain my page. I even sent them screenshots of the hacker saying, "I'm hacking you, if you don't do *insert demand* then I will destroy your page." Facebook didn't care. I was devastated. I had worked SO hard to gain all of my followers organically and was really proud of my small, but mighty, group of engaged followers.

Well, after a couple weeks of sulking around in my misery, I booted up a new page and am back at it. I don't even have half of the followers I used to have, but that's ok. Little by little, I'll gain my following again.

One thing I've learned: all of us that run our businesses or brands on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube (or any social media platform, really) are at the mercy of them. If THEY go down, WE go down. That's why having an email list is SO important. Email is probably the most secure and stable form of communication a business or brand or band can ever have with their followers. That and a website...mine is HERE.

(If you haven't followed me on my new Facebook page yet, go HERE! And share it with your friends, too!)

So, to you reading this, thank you. Thanks for giving me your email address so we can stay in touch.

I know this isn't a fancy email, I don't have much time right now, but I want to tell you about a few fun things coming up:

1) I have a gig coming up in Cedar Rapids. It'll be on September 1st at NewBo City Market for the 2018 Women's Music Festival. I'll be playing at 7pm.

2) I have a new music video and song coming out! My patrons on Patreon will be able to see it by the end of the month. The rest of you will have to wait until September! If you wanna become a patron, go HERE.

3) I'm pretty sure I'm adding a 5th member to my band! Currently, NAOMI is a 4-piece. Since my recorded music has SO. MANY. PARTS to it, we play to backing tracks. We have synth lines and trumpets and extra background vox pump through the speakers to give us a more 'accurate' sound. I really don't love playing with backing tracks because it's just so limiting...you HAVE to follow the tracks...no room for deviation. So having the 5th member will allow us to be free (mostly) from the backing tracks! I'll make an official announcement about who that person is as soon as we get a good photoshoot together, naturally.

That's all for now, friends. Thank you for being a NAOMI supporter. It really does mean a lot.

I'll send you another email as soon as my video is viewable to the public! ANDDD I'm gonna give you something special for FREE when it's out because I just think you're the greatest.

Ok, love you in a non-creepy way,
- Naomi

This is the aforementioned tune called "Cake" in its "G-Rated" format.


To see the original rated R version, go here: https://youtu.be/kagN9Mioxlc

No comments: