Friday, August 17, 2018

The Odd Recipe for Living Life

Have you ever heard "honesty is the best policy" with the twist of "don't be too honest" thrown in with it? Until today, I had never heard the "don't be too honest" add-on - it was always "honesty is the best policy" with no exceptions.


I'm wrapping my head around this cocktail. I understand what the quote is trying to say - that being honest can have its downside, but still, sometimes hearing "the truth" is better? What are the parameters for "don't be too honest" and "do be too honest" - where's the divide? What traits describe "don't be too honest" and what traits describe the opposite? In other words, how do I know which is appropriate for a situation?

While I ponder that, read the thought online: https://www.thoughtfortoday.org.uk/honest-heart/

No comments: