Monday, August 27, 2018

Could It Be?

High hopes stirred within my soul over the weekend, but that's nothing new. It's super easy for me to feel excited when I see this type of  "drummer wanted" ad. I just crossed the 5 year anniversary of the Kalona gig with Lou's Classic Ride (which turned out to be our last) as well as the 4 year anniversary of the Elk's Club gig with Uncle Rico the Band (which turned out to be our last). Yet, I have high hopes that some sort of Ideal Band will grow out of this.
This is the response I sent back:
|
I'm a young 48 - 2 in college, ready to gig. Sorry, I don't come with a huge ego and I am not a bunch of drama - I have both an acoustic set and an electronic set, which might be applicable to what you are seeking, as the brain has a lot of sounds.

This is me. Poke around and you will likely learn more about me: http://prhmusic.blogspot.com/p/videos-of-me-playing-drums.html 


What's on your setlist?
|
And to that inquiry, I received this response:
Thank you for the message! I’ll take a look and get back to you this week with more info.
Later, I received a setlist:
  1. Time Bomb – Iration
  2. Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
  3. What I got – Sublime
  4. Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
  5. Semi Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind
  6. Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
  7. Take it Easy – Eagles
  8. Havana – Camila Cabello
  9. Santeria – Sublime
  10. 500 Miles – The Proclaimers
  11. Your Love – The Outfield
    • Long Intro
    • Short Intro
  12. Hey Girl – OAR
  13. Stir it up – Bob Marley
  14. Steal My Kisses – Ben Harper
  15. Breakdown – Tom Petty
  16. Cheap Thrills – Sia
  17. Feelin’ Alright – Rebelution
  18. Sugar – Maroon 5
  19. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
I should be snarky and quip, "promises, promises," and allow this opportunity to pile up next to the previous high hope and the one next to that and the one next to that until I have a HUGE pile of evaporated into nothingness opportunities. Hopefully, something materializes. My new goal is kind of funny. I turn 49 in December. My goal is to be playing in a regularly gigging band no later than December 2019 so that the band can advertise its December gig as

Paul's 50th Birthday Bash!

I personally think that would be awesome sauce ...
Editor's Note: This response was received a short time ago:
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:18 AM
Subject: RE: Looking for drummer & bass player for pop / reggae project
... Thanks again for reaching out. Just letting you know that we are pursuing another drummer at this time. If things don’t work out, we will be in touch. Keep rockin’

No comments: