Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Disappointing

  1. Freshman Justin Ahrens scores 29, Ohio State blitzes Iowa - Buckeyes sail past Hawkeyes in second half, win 90-70
  2. Ohio State and Fran McCaffery both red hot in Iowa basketball's loss - Buckeyes rout Hawkeyes, 90-70, and McCaffery berates official afterward
    • It was 78-67 when Connor McCaffery got his technical with 4:08 to go. McCaffery got bumped by OSU’s Keyshawn Woods when Woods had the ball and fell backward, but was charged with the personal foul. Then, a technical.
      “I had no intention of getting a technical,” Connor McCaffery said. “(The official) sad it was my hand gesture. I turned away from him. I didn’t curse at him, I wasn’t yelling at him. I had no intention of getting one.
      “I don’t know why, but I guess that was his decision to make.”
      Ahrens made two free throws for the technical, Woods made two free throws for the personal, and it was 82-67. If Iowa had any hope of rallying to win before that sequence, it was gone.
      Fifty-eight seconds later, Connor’s father got ‘T’d up. Ahrens made both foul shots from that one, too.
      “I think that was just probably a little bit of frustration,” Connor said. “He had my back a little bit, too.”
      Asked what his issues were with the officiating and if he said anything to an official after the game, Fran McCaffery replied “I can’t talk about that.”
      About his son’s technical, he said “I asked him what happened. And he told me.”

No comments: