Thursday, May 9, 2019

I Was Active!

I didn't walk as much as I should have from when I woke up until 2 PM yesterday - I had ~5000 steps. As you can see, after 2 PM, my day picked up. I went home to talk to a fence company about an estimate to replace the fence in our backyard (actually, our neighbor's fence), then came back to work for ~15 minutes, then left to pick up Karen by 3:30. I drove from UIHC to our house, then left our house for Cedar Falls in the Ford F-150. I stopped at the Center Point gas station and purchased an ice cream sandwich - called "Big Bopper" - and two Mountain Dews - 1 a Live Wire (orange), the other a Pitch Black (dark). When I reached Cedar Falls, I coordinated with both Alex & Megan as to where to meet me with their stuff. We loaded the back of the Ford F-150 and, by 7 PM, I was back on the road for North Liberty. I stopped at the McDonald's in Evansdale and purchased a double quarter pounder sandwich with fries and a Coke, which I ate as I drove southbound on I-380. When I reached our house, Karen was not home. I unloaded the Ford F-150 and put their stuff in the living room until the entire F-150 was unloaded. Then I changed into shorts because I was already hot and feeling like I was going to sweat. The next phase of the night involved carrying their stuff up to the third level of our house, which is where their bedrooms are located. It was only after I had already walked up and down the stairs several trips that I noticed the bowl of jelly beans on our sofa table. It occurred to me that even though it felt like I had walked up and down the steps a zillion times, I know I did not actually walk up and down the steps that many times. It occurred to me that, in the future, I plan to place a second bowl next to the bowl of jelly beans and, when I am moving a large quantity of stuff up third level of our house, which is where their bedrooms are located to the returning from a trip upstairs, I will put a jelly bean in this second bowl as a tally. I know that I did not walk up and down the steps a zillion times, but it sure felt like it! A more realistic guess would be 25 trips up and down the steps. After all of their stuff was completely on the third level of our house, which is where their bedrooms are located, I took a shower. I wasn't dripping in sweat, but I knew I needed a shower. Shortly after I was dressed, Karen came home. I folded the laundry that was in the dryer and put that away. By then it was 10:10 PM. I could have sat down to watch the new with Karen, but I decided to take two Melontonin and go to bed.

No comments: