Friday, May 17, 2019

Rollins

I don't believe I realized what a masterful speaker and storyteller Henry Rollins is. I have to believe that because I vaguely remember he did a concert in Des Moines within the last few years and when I read that he was going to be doing a concert, I didn't have any interest in investigating what it would be like.

I'm a dumb ASS for not doing so.

This video came up as a suggestion so I listened to it. I love the way he talks.

Warning! Henry Rollins is an adult and uses adult words!


After I listened to his stories about Van Halen and Diamond Dave, I wanted to hear more. The video below was set up to play next so I started listening to it.

I adore the first line - When I was 15 and heard the song "Iron Man," my life changed. It is precisely the type of opening sentence I want to write every time I write, whether for pleasure or in a Knowledge Article or in my Disaster Recovery documentation or within any technical writing content that crosses my desk today, tomorrow, and each workday thereafter for the next 16 years, 10 months, 1 week, 4 days (6160 days). The writing is captivating and entertaining and informative. Thus, for the next 9:26, listened to Henry Rollins.


Then I looked around for a youtube playlist of the album called Provoked and didn't find one. I did find the following videos. They will be living in my ears for the foreseeable future!




No comments: