Monday, October 30, 2023

The Lost Dr Seuss Story


From: Mark Feldman from BANG The Drum School
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2023 6:57:21 AM
Subject: The Lost Dr Seuss Story

Hey Everyone -
I found an old notebook that belonged to Dr Seuss. His estate had misplaced it. As I was thumbing through it, I found this wonderful little story. I had no idea that Dr Seuss was a drummer, did you?
Check it out...
It's called:
Drummers Are Brothers
---------------------------------------------------------
There once was a drummer
Whose name was McGhee
He could play paradiddles
Much faster than me

And not just a little bit
faster, oh no!
Compared to this chap
I was dreadfully slow

I studied and worked
with some great drumming masters
But nothing I did
Seemed to help me go faster

I practiced all day
and I practiced all night
I tell you I practiced with all of my might

As I watched McGhee play
on his huge YouTube channel
he wore tight blue jeans
and a black and red flannel

He blazed all these diddles
Oh Man, he was tight
but later it hit me
McGhee's groove was light

So I laughed
and remembered
I really COULD play
My groove was quite good
I had pocket for days!

I ran into McGhee
on the street yesterday
and he said,
"Hey my brother!
You really can play!"

He sounded quite humble
He looked at his feet
and he asked,
"Do you think you
could help with my beat?"

I smiled and I said,
"I like how you play too.
Come down to my drum room
on Street Number Two."

So we climbed up those stairs
with a huff and a puff
we played us some drums
hey we both had some stuff!

Your drums might be red
or your drums might be blue
but drummers are helpful
we're brothers--that's true!
Right? That's one of the things I like about being a drummer. We help each other. We are brothers (and sisters).
I've been helping drummers learn to play since 2009 and my Drumming Acceleration Program is my most in-depth, turn-key and hands-on teaching yet.
It covers everything you need to get from zero to hero. And it organizes everything for you.
You won't have to worry about what to do next.
Just follow the steps I lay out and you'll be good to go.
The next group starts on January 9th, 2024.
But, enrollment closes on November 30th, so don't wait.
More here:

https://www.drumaccelerator.com
Regards,
your drumming friend,
Mark F

No comments: