Friday, November 13, 2009

Goat Pictures

My TWer friend in NYC is having a problem with his co-worker. His co-worker is loud, abrasive, curses, and makes my friend's life a living hell. He has gone to his boss but his boss protects him. I think his co-worker has goat pictures. Goat pictures? What do you mean? Kevin McLaughlin, a frequently quoted TWer on this blog, pointed this out a while back on Techwr-L when he wrote:

JW had a litany of complaints about the competence and work ethic of a nominal superior, ending with:
[...]
Yes, I've mentioned various things about him to higher-up management but they keep the blinders on and don't acknowledge my concerns. Isn't it easier to keep incompetent people around than it is to fire them?

It's obvious... the answer is goat pictures. This guy has pictures of senior people in compromising positions with a goat. That's why he has no fear, and why nobody will touch him.

Glad I could assist you in figuring that out.

Someday soon, slap a pleased expression on your face and start humming cheerily (something like "I'm In the Money") in the presence of one of these higher-ups. When you get the inevitable "What are you so happy about, today?" just smile and reply: "I've found where Joe keeps the goat pictures. "
Cheers,
K

No comments: