Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Game ON!

What a great day to be alive! My first day on the job was fantastic! Nice people, nice environment, and $1 20 oz pops in the vending machine on top of it all. I get my laptop sometime tomorrow and also there is a departmental lunch on the first Wednesday of the month. There is a 8:30 daily meeting to talk about what you are working on and my manager is very cool. She is a (cool) manager. I sit in a nice cubicle with two file cabinets. Eventually, the former inhabitant will reclaim his 3 shelves of books and I will then slowly fill it with my own books. Jesse is my cubicle neighbor and he seems nice.

On top of all that, I explained one of my pet peeves in documentation to a co-worker. I said that I had seen documentation where the menu option was something like "Options . . ." on the menu option and, in the documentation, I had read something like "On the Tools menu, select Options . . . . I said it looks really strange to have the . . . followed by an unbolded . and my new co-worker said, "It sounds like someone needs to learn how to use punctuation." EXACTLY! It seems insignificant, but really, it sealed the deal.

No comments: