Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A Lot of Work for only 12 Hours

This looks like a lot of work, but it also looks really awesome.

Here's the text in the ad:

All components and accessories for this custom kit were purchased new within the last six months. Overall cost to me was about $2,500. I’m selling this kit intact, and not entertaining any offers for purchase of individual items. Actual play time on this drum kit is less than 12 hours total. This custom kit is configured with mobility (versus easy disassembly) in mind. It features a small footprint & can be lifted and carried or slid on the custom-made sled and stored in a 2' x 4' space. Accordingly, I will not be disassembling the kit for transport, so a vehicle (preferably a pickup truck) would be required. Face-to-face transaction only – cash required. No trades. Please refer to the Alesis website for info on the basic Nitro Mesh kit. Upgrades and additions to this basic kit are as follows:

1.       Addition of 2nd Nitro module for the purpose of autonomous control of 5 trigger pads dedicated to mapping and playing percussion add-ons (hand clap, claves, cowbell, tambourine, etc). Up to 2 more dual-zone drum pads, 3 cymbals and a 2nd hi hat can be added per the remaining input cables on the 2nd Nitro module’s wiring harness or “snake”.

2.       4-channel mixer which allows audio output from both Nitro modules, along with two more sources, to be mixed at variable volumes for combined output to user headphones (not included) or other output device such as an amp or external speakers/drum monitor.

3.       Original 8” dual-zone snare pad upgraded to 10” dual-zone snare.

4.       Original Nitro kick pedal and kick trigger pad upgraded to two Roland KT-10 Low-Noise Kick Trigger Pedals ($289 each) which are quieter and more compact than tradition kick-tower setups but retain the feel of a “real” kick pedal.

5.       Addition of a custom-made, rubber-coated, ride cymbal “bell” trigger pad which imitates the function of the dual-zone ride cymbals included in Alesis’ higher end kits.

6.       Added stability due to addition of 3 extra frame crossbars.

7.       Custom-made dual-support snare pad support bar for improved stability when playing.

8.       Bluetooth remote mouse/keyboard for controlling your laptop or PC from your drum throne when using drum set connected via USB cable for expanded MIDI functionality.

9.       Addition of two 8” dual-zone drum pads with rim cushions (for less noise and better stick rebound) and an 8” Pintech “nimrod” trigger, which are again controlled by the 2nd Nitro module and currently mapped for percussion voices found within the Nitro’s library.

10.   Custom-made 500D nylon, zippered dust cover.

11.   An 8" Remo mesh practice pad with 1/4" mounting nut on back.

12.    Five pairs of 5A drum sticks (various wood types) with anti-slip grips or coatings and a 10-pair, zippered drum stick storage case.

All items depicted on the accompanying photos are included, as well as a notebook with printed Nitro Mesh kit user manuals and a transferal of my license for both Addictive Drums 2 and EZ Drummer 2 software for use on a compatible PC or laptop allowing for USB MIDI interface with the Nitro Mesh module.

Note: According to the XLN Audio and Toontrack websites, I can transfer my licenses by providing your email address and having you establish an account (free) with them online. Then I delete the software from my PC and they assign the licenses to your new account. Understand that this license transferal is a “free bonus”, and I will not reduce my selling price for the kit should XLN Audio or Toontrack fail to authorize the license transferal for any reason.

 

I am selling because I found drumming to be more time-consuming and complicated than I had envisioned. Also, I need funding for an expansion of my small business pursuits.


I don't know what 1/2 of these words mean in the context of describing the technology involved so I would have to trust the author. Since I'm not buying that Yamaha DTX950 - his son decided he wanted to keep that set (and I think encouraging "the next generation" of drummers is what right call for me) - I still have my eyes open. This set is in Springfield - don't remember if it's IL or MO - and more than I could spend ($1650).

No comments: