Monday, October 27, 2008

No PC for you

I wasn't really a Seinfeld fan. It was one of those shows that just never appealed to me. The previews never really looked funny and when I did sit down to watch it, I just didn't think it was as funny as, say, Cheers or Night Court. The only Seinfeld episode I can tell you about is when there was a Soup Nazi. People stood in line to get this guy's soup and if you didn't order correctly, he yelled, "No soup for you!". Then it turned out that Kramer bought a chest of drawers and in it was the Soup Nazi's secret recipe. The only reason I mention this is because I thought about signing on to the PC last night. Then I thought, "No PC for you!" so I didn't.
A husband and wife came for counseling after 20 years of marriage.
When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the 20 years they had been married.
She went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured over the course of their marriage.Finally, after allowing this to go on for a sufficient length of time, the male therapist got up, walked around the desk, and after asking the wife to stand, embraced
and kissed her passionately as her husband watched with a raised eyebrow. The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.The therapist turned to the husband and said, 'This is what your wife needs at least three times a week. Can you do this?'
The husband thought for a moment and replied, 'Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish.'

Metallica, Down, and the Sword played in Des Moines, IA, last night. I am glad I didn't take in that show. Their show on Saturday, November 8th, is going to kick butt, even if I have to buy a ticket. It's Metallica - how can it be bad? I am taking the kids to Dave and Chris in Blue Grass, IA (Karen's brother and wife) on that day and then taking an evening of METAL. My friend Kevin is going. I have been trying to get a hold of my contact @ WBR (their label) but the publicist I worked with to see Avenge Sevenfold / Buck Cherry / Shine Down /Saving Abel has an e-mail address that sends back delivery failures.

In other news, there were photos posted of the 20 year class reunion I didn't attend online. Seeing some of the people that were there makes me glad I didn't go. I think that there is something to be said for putting the past behind me.

This is my new favorite song. I found two videos of it. The first is a concert clip from St. Louis and the second shows a single picture but has the lyrics.





No comments: