Sunday, October 19, 2008

Begrudginly, my Top 10 List

Michael Smith is a member of the Daily Vault review panel. So far, this is his Top 10 of the last ten years:


10. Music - Madonna
9. Underneath It All - No Doubt
8. Hero - Enrique Iglesias
7. Radio Nowhere - Bruce Springsteen
6. Get The Party Started - Pink
5. Somebody Told Me - The Killers
4. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
3. Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
2. Paper Planes - M.I.A.
***1. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley***

I was actually thinking about this last night. I only recognized the Green Day track. If I had to make a list, I'd have these on it:
1) For You - Staind
2) She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd
3) Numb - Linkin Park
4) Bat Country - Avenge Sevenfold
5) The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin
6) Someday - Nickelback
7) I Hate Everything about You - 3 Days Grace
8) American Idiot - Green Day
9) Show Me How to Live - Audioslave
10) Life is Beautiful - Sixx AM

The way I came up with this list is by listening to both KRNA and Rock 108 and noticing which songs have stay power and which ones move along quickly. The singles I heard from Megadeth ("Trust") & Metallica ("Frantic") are great songs but they haven't held up around here as being pounded into my skull.

Honorable mentions go to "Monkey Wrench" by the Foo Fighters, "Seven Army Nation" by the White Stripes, and "Self-Esteem" by the Offspring.

No comments: