Thursday, May 26, 2016

Resurrection of a Passion

It's certainly too early to purchase a $4000 Roland electronic drum set, but I talked to a guitarist earlier today. I had spoken to him about a year ago but nothing materialized. Now, after our phone conversation, the plan is to get together after he is finished with a driveway construction project at his house. We agreed to jam these songs:
  1. She by Green Day
  2. All The Small Things by Blink 182
  3. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
I don't know if this project will come to fruition, but it sounds promising. We talked about just wanting to play fun songs. When he mentioned Billy Idol, I mentioned "Eyes Without a Face" instead of "Dancing with Myself." The conversation had a really good vibe, but I won't allow my enthusiasm to overrule the reality that we've never jammed together.

No comments: