Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Something New

I learned something, which is good, because it learning something means that I am "Always Learning" which means I am aligned with the slogan associated with Pearson, my former employer, despite not receiving a paycheck from Pearson for the last 1954 days (5 years, 4 months, 1 week). 

Want to know what I learned? 

I learned that there is a word in the English language that I had never had the opportunity to use during a private journal writing session, a dialogue with any other human, or on this blog. 

The word is cardsharp and before I get all giddy about discovering a new word, I have to express my initial thought when I heard the word. I thought, "Damn! PETA got to the gambling industry and declared that card shark is offensive so now CNN is pushing the alternative word cardsharp instead." I'm not kidding - that was my first thought.



No comments: