Monday, June 7, 2021

Who Cares? ME!

When I saw the headline for a movie review of "Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker," I thought of a specific scene in the Star Wars franchise, which includes 11 movies - yes, I count "Rogue One" and "Solo" as Star Wars movies.

Bear with me as I take you back to "Star Wars IV: A New Hope" and how after being rescued from the Death Star, Princess Leia informs Han Solo that their escape from the Death Star was too easy. Han Solo is an a$$hole, telling Princess Leia that he expects to receive money for what he just went through. Then, as Princess Leia begins to walk out of the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon, she passes Luke Skywalker, and, as she does, she informs Luke that "Your friend is quite a mercenary. I wonder if he cares about anything or anyone." Luke Skywalker is stunned as he does not possess any self-confidence that he will have by his daring rescue of Han Solo on Tattooine in "Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi." Instead, Luke Skywalker can barely whisper, "I care" as Princess Leia leaves the cockpit.

Thus, to answer the question in the headline of the article - Review: ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ - Who cares - I proudly quote Luke Skywalker when I write the following two words:


I Care


I looked at the writer's bio John Podhoretz - in the hope that he looked like a young man who was not born when "Star Wars IV: A New Hope" was released on May 25, 1977 - I was 2729 days (7 years, 5 months, 3 weeks) old. However, Podhoretz's picture looks like he could be close to my age. Apparently, he just doesn't love the Star Wars franchise as much as I love the Star Wars franchise.

No comments: