Wednesday, December 22, 2021

I remember a Bed of Water

This article's title is a question: Whatever Happened to waterbeds? Typically, I don't like that structure, but I'll make an exemption today because I don't know what happened to the waterbeds that my parents and my brother and I had in the 1980s. While my parents had a waveless waterbed, I had a waveful (?) queen size in my bedroom. I remember that in my brother's room, there was a waveful (?) single waterbed. 

I liked having a waterbed. I don't remember sleeping on a mattress not made of water before I moved out of that house. I am pretty sure it was in my bedroom when I moved out to live with Karen but it was gone after we were married. I know there was a period of time when there was a waterbed, taken apart, and in the basement. I'm unsure whether it was my waterbed or my brother's waterbed. The only reason I remember this is because it was in the video I have of playing drums while Kenny Schmitt played guitar in that basement and you can see the waterbed frame on the basement floor. 

I wish I had a waterbed - it would be awesome.

No comments: