Thursday, January 20, 2022

ATW is Coming to Gabes . . . and I had Never Heard of ATW until I saw the Announcement...

All Them Witches is playing at Gabes in Iowa City on Friday, March 4, 2022, and their schedule is intense. The tour begins on March 1, 2022, and they play concerts March 1 through March 5. 


Who is All Them Witches and why do I care? Well, yes, I had never listened to this band until I saw the announcement. I am starting the second tune on their first album and ... I think I may have found a great band! 

They are in a genre I've definitely heard previously - they're not groundbreaking and playing some genre that hasn't ever been heard before. The best I can do is compare them to a band called The Atomic Bitchwax, a band I don't often listen to, but when I do, I think I should listen to them on a more regular basis. Don't get me started on all the other bands in that category - bands that I should work into my regular rotation of Bayside, Count the Stars, Metallica, Shinedown, Seether, and several others. 

Brief tangent: Yes, Seether has been making it to my ears more and more over the last few weeks. I am disappointed that it looks like I will not see them play at Welcome to Rockville 2022 in May in Daytona, FL. I just don't think that trip is going to happen, VERY unfortunately as it would have been one last opportunity to see KISS in concert, one opportunity to see the Foo Fighters in concert, and, most importantly, the opportunity of a lifetime to go on a trip with my son Alex prior to his wedding day in June 2022.

But this post is about ATW so let's have them!


https://youtu.be/6WYeqgMMUCc - this is the first album by All Them Witches Our Mother Electricity

https://youtu.be/JI6CsX-Z8Ks

No comments: