Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In the thick of it again...

It's already Tuesday and, already, this week seems long. I have three projects that I'll call A, B, and C.

Project A is to proofread a Help system.
Project B is to edit/rewrite a Getting Started guide.
Project C is to write/update an online Help system. I have had Project C as a freelance gig for nearly 5 years.

I'm making a major push to complete project A by 7/31, which means working from 9-1 (an hour past my normal bedtime!) to get more work done. I figure 35 more hours of work are required to complete this project.

Project B is wrapping up. I predict only 1 more hour on that project.

Then I have to move on to project C. I expected project C to be long done. There were delays beyond anyone's control and I got project C while I am working on projects A and B. I only went out to find projects A & B only because project C kept being delayed. Then, as you might expect, I suddenly have 3 projects competing for my time.

No one really writes about that - what do you do when you have 3 authentic number one priorities? Blah blah blah "time management" blah blah blah "diligent work habits." But HOW do you split your time in 3? I was not able to do so. Project C has sat for a couple of weeks. I had thought I would be able to start last night, but project A has taken over.

Back to work.

No comments: