Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Good Deal... On to Elkader!

Time goes by so fast during the summer. We were home Monday night and we leave tomorrow AM with our kids. Additionally, Joel and Jamie, friends of Alex and Megan respectfully are going with us. The forecast is for rain so hopefully that will pass by quickly.

I am glad, though, I was home tonight. A local car dealership has opened up a service garage. A guy came around tonight selling a card worth $350 for $39.95. With this card you get 4 free oil changes, an evaluation of a "Check Engine" light, air conditioning refresh when you buy a pound of freon ... hell, two oil changes will pay for the card and, frankly, I was thinking about my ex-neighbor who runs a heating and cooling company. A couple of years ago, I went with Bill to have him put some freon in my air conditioner. The freon has since been used up or something because there is no cool air coming out of my car when I turn on the air conditioner. On top of that, my driver's side window doesn't go down - well, it does, but there's a part that, if it broke, would cost ~$200 to replace so I don't even roll that window down - so I rely on rolling my back windows down to create a cross breeze. On 90 degree days, it sure would be nice to have air conditioning for the 1/2 hour ride home. So, I convinced Karen to purchase this card. I usually have my car work done at a place in CR but I can't pass up using this local guy.

The guy in CR has been very good to me so I feel like I need to stop in every so often and see him. One time, he told me he had rotated my tires. I asked him what I owed him and his reply was, "I just did it." No charge. He replaced my starter, has replaced my battery, has charged my camper battery, has fixed my driver's side window when it first broke, and has changed my oil for the last year or so. If something goes wrong in CR, I'll definitely go see him. Otherwise, I plan to use the local guy.

Anyways, the point of this post is that we are leaving tomorrow AM for Elkader so I won't be writing over the weekend. If, by chance, the forecast is for rain Saturday night, we may pack up and return home Saturday, but since we're not going up until tomorrow AM, staying only one night seems like a waste.

The other big news is that my in-laws purchased a camper. You'll recall about a month ago, their camper was in the flood in Elkader. Their camper was totaled. They ordered a replacement camper yesterday. Good for them.

On to Elkader!

No comments: