Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Little Thing

So... after a couple of e-mail messages from various people about not being able to access a PDF file, I send out the following message:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 1:12 PM
To: All Employees
Subject: Online Help
Hi. Some of you may have noticed that you get an error message when you attempt to access a PDF file through the following page: (link) that says "File does not start with '%PDF-". The same error will display from the [internal] Print Documentation page (link)if you attempt to open a PDF.
I'm aware of this issue. It is actively being addressed by our System Admin department. Until the PDF corruption issue is resolved, you will not be able to access PDFs through [either of these links]. I promise I will let you know when all is well. If you have specific doc needs in the interim, let me know & I'll do what I can to help you.

Then, after the files were restored to the server, I sent out this message:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 4:15 PM
To: All Employees
Subject: RE: Online Help
I have some good news!
The PDFs have been restored!
You should be able to access all the PDFs from both (link) and (link). If you attempt to do so and you see the aforementioned error, please let me know ASAP!
Thanks for your patience!
Today's Writing tip: Don't overuse exclamation marks in your writing!

to which my witty co-worker Dave replied:

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 4:16 PM
Subject: RE: Online Help
Thanks! I appreciate you letting me know!
Dave!

Little things like that make my day.

No comments: