Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home

It is Sunday AM. Last night, we got home after a nearly 2 hour ride from Elkader to North Liberty. Our original plan was to come home today.


But around 7, one of Karen's cousins asked us if we had heard about the approaching storms. I suggested going home. We looked at the weather on KCRG and decided to pack up and go.


We got south of Manchester and WHAM! Rain, lightening, and high winds. It was hell to drive home, especially with 2 scared kids and not being able to see very well.


So we finally got home, all safe. We had to stop at my work and get my car as Karen had picked me up from work on Friday.


I am glad we are home. We would've spent a lot of time in the campground's bath house, which would have been a lot safer than our camper but it still would have been not a lot of fun.


No comments: