Tuesday, November 21, 2017

This is MY Knowledge, Not Yours

At work, I am collaborating with many different teams in my department both for the disaster recovery documentation as well as a buzzword I am not certain I've mentioned on my blog. The buzzword is Knowledge Management and it has to do with organizing all the knowledge that a company has within it across the organization. For more information, read this article - https://wiki.en.it-processmaps.com/index.php/Knowledge_Management - which brought me up to speed when I was first dipping my toe into this concept. The idea is rather simple: there should be a single place to go for information and when you search, you should be presented with the information you need to accomplish whatever task you are attempting to complete. The way I am accomplishing this is to link to Word documents as well as the other file types I mentioned on My Answer to the Question that Never is Dumb last month. From the website, there's this useful image:

The challenge is that each team has their own way of doing their own documentation as well as that some teams are very possessive of their information. That challenge is discussed in these articles:
I think these articles will help me do my work.
Editor's Note: Part 2 was mentioned in today's UX Matters email newsletter and Part 1 had to be investigated.


No comments: