Friday, August 30, 2019

This is Me Today

Wednesday, I tried to log in with a URL I have as a bookmark. It has been a while since I accessed this specific website.

I entered the user ID and password and received an error message. I submitted a ticket to the vendor with my information.

Thursday, in their response, the tech support person confirmed my user ID is associated with an active account. I tried it again and it still didn't work, so I responded to that reply, saying that I still was having an issue.

Friday (yes, today) I received a reply to that reply, asking me to confirm the URL I was using. It was a different URL and when I clicked it and tried it with my user ID and password and received NO error message. Thus, it was a PEBKAC.


Note: There are many graphics that are appropriate for this incident: PEBKAC Options

No comments: